Name- Ekta Gyani
B Arch – Sir JJ College of Architecture 1989
M Arch – Master of Landscape Architecture, University of California, Berkeley, USA 1994
Ekta Gyani is an architect and a landscape architect/ campus planner by training, having received her undergraduate degree from JJ, Bombay University and a graduate degree from the University of California at Berkeley. She worked as a Campus Planner for Stanford University, and for Quark City in Punjab.
Working on blurring the lines between the built environment and the surrounding landscape, using participatory design to make every place a “people-place”, and further using design to educate the user and bring about behavioural changes when necessary, or merely to enhance the experience of learning, to think beyond the bottom-line, and to set enviable standards of design and execution, have been the main-stays of her twenty plus years of a professional career.
Ekta has taught for 5 years, at Chandigarh College of Architecture (as visiting faculty) and at Sushant School of Art and Architecture and started a new Post Graduate Programme in Landscape Architecture. She has helped final years of architecture students with Design Thesis and Dissertation, taught Landscape Architecture and Site Planning to BArch students for 2 plus years, and headed the MArch Landscape Architecture Programme since its inception in 2017. Courses taught – Design Studio (3rd year B.Arch, and MArch Landscape Architecture), Landscape and Site Planning, thesis and dissertation.
- Inclusive Urbanity – The Landscape Route to Humanizing Golf Course Road
- Historic Conservation and Modern Day Interventions for Manthan, Small and Medium Towns at SSAA
- Design Published in Indian Architect and Builder, Landscape for School
- Interviews and project work for Stanford University in Stanford Daily
- Illustrations for Book by Randolf Hester Jr.
- Published Indian Arch, as chief coordinator of all India BArch student work
- Landscape and Architecture, without boundaries
- Participatory Design with stakeholders
- Civility and state of our immediate landscape
Awards and Achievements (including Scholarship)
- 2nd prize entry for National War Museum (with Aakar Design Consultants)
- misc Graduate student scholarships at UC Berkeley
- B. Arch NASA prizes as NASA secretary for Sir JJ College of Architecture