Profile: Associate Professor
Education: 5 yr Dip. in Architecture (SSAA) 2000 , M.Arch – Conservation (School of Planning & Architecture, Delhi) 2002
Parul G Munjal is currently Associate Professor at Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Ansal University and editor of ‘Context: Built, Living and Natural’ an internationally refereed Journal published by Development and Research Organisation for nature, Arts and Heritage (DRONAH). She worked on a number of research based projects including preparation of World Heritage Dossiers, along with plans for conservation, management and interpretation of heritage sites in India as Senior Conservation at (DRONAH), Gurgaon. Parul has also consulted on projects such as developing a Toolkit for Cultural Heritage Detailed Project Report under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Mission for Urban Renewal and preparation of City Development Plans for towns in Madhya Pradesh, including Mandu that is on the Tentative World Heritage List. She has been involved in developing training programmes in the heritage space and research and compilation of a number of publications on heritage cities and sites.
Book Sections |
- Munjal, S &Munjal PG 2015, ‘Heritage hotels in India- offering unique experiences to customers with sustainable practices as a differentiator’, in Jauhari, V (ed.), Creating memorable customer experiences- insights from hospitality sector, Apple Academic Press, Inc., New Jersey, USA.
- Munjal, S &Munjal PG 2014, ‘Sustainable Tourist Destinations: Creation and Development’, in Jauhari, V (ed.), Managing Sustainability in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry: Paradigms and Directions for the Future, Apple Academic Press, Inc., New Jersey, USA, pp. 227-272.
- Munjal, PG 2015, ‘Potential of Participatory Approach in Sustaining Fairs and Festivals of Small Towns: The Case of Sohna, Haryana’, Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes, vol. 7, no. 4.
- Munjal, PG & Srivastava, P 2013, ‘City Development Planning in Mandu: Evolving city conservation and management strategy’, Context: Built, Living and Natural, vol. X, no. 2, pp. 149-156.
- Verma, H, Munjal, PG & Lakshmi, R 2011, ‘Living museums: Understanding our urban spaces’, Context: Built, Living and Natural, vol. VIII, no. 2, pp. 45-53.
Conference or Workshop Items |
- Munjal, PG 2015, Participatory Approach for Cultural Heritage Resource Management in Small Towns, National Seminar on Public Participation in Planning, January 22-23, School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi, India International Centre.
- Munjal, Parul G 2013, ‘Corporate Social Responsibility in the Cultural Heritage Sector: An overview of the Indian Scenario’, in Batra, S &Vikas, S (eds.), Global Competitiveness and Corporate Governance Imperatives in Emerging Economies, Ansal University Gurgaon, India, pp. 403-413.
- Munjal, S &Munjal, PG 2011, ‘City Palace Udaipur: A Case study for Sustainable Heritage tourism through Services Enhancement’, Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Services Management, Institute for International Management Technology, Gurgaon, India, pp. 23-30.