Name- Sobia Ahsan
Profile- Assistant Professor
B Arch, Jamia Millia Islamia, 2011
M Arch (Urban Regeneration), Jamia Millia Islamia, 2011
Sobia Ahsan is an architect who specializes in Urban Regeneration. She has an experience in the field of design and architecture for both private and government organizations. She has worked on variety of housing, commercial and urban projects.
Her keen interest in research and teaching drew her into academics, where she has been working for the last 3 years.
In her current position as an Assistant Professor at Sushant School of Art & Architecture, Ansal University, she is a part of 4th year design studio where she teaches Housing and Urban Design and 2nd year construction studio, where she tries to bring her industry experience to the classroom. She has also mentored the students for thesis and dissertation.
Research areas includes Housing, Contemporary Urbanism, Urban Conservation, History of Architecture
- Presented a Poster in a Workshop on ‘History and Conservation: Voices from Small and Medium Towns of India’ as a Speaker in December 2017
- Presented a Research Paper on “Revitalization of Chowk, the Heritage Spine of old core of Lucknow” in a National Conference on Urban future of Lucknow at Amity University, Lucknow
Awards and Achievements (including Scholarship)
- University Scholarships in M Arch for holding merit position
- University Scholarships in B Arch for holding merit position
- An award for excellence in optimum space utilization (ARCH) by Pidilite in 2010