Name- Zahra Yasmoon
Profile– Assistant Professor
B Arch – Jamia Millia Islamia, 2011
M Arch – Urban Regeneration, Jamia Millia Islamia , 2013
Zahra Yasmoon is an alumnus of one of the best central university of the nation , Jamia Millia Islamia. She specializes in Urban Regeneration, Urban Conservation and Sustainable Urbanism.
She has worked on Delhi Dossier preparation in INTACH Delhi Chapter for the presentation of Delhi as Heritage city to UN. Also, she has worked on various institutional and residential projects. She has a teaching experience of 3 years in Himgiri Zee University, Dehradun.
Research areas include: Urban renewal, Regeneration, City, Urban Economics, Urban Conservation, Sustainable Urbanism and Disaster Management.
- Presented a paper on ‘Siddhpur – A city of contestation & Heritage’ in National Seminar on Culture as a fourth pillar of Sustainable Development – “Rejuvenation of Culturally Significant Cities” held on 10th – 11th November, 2018 at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi organized by Vastu Kala Academy, College of Architecture, New Delhi and Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi.
- Transformation of Smaller Cities as an Advent of Sprawling Development and Compacting Core: Change in Urban Life/Environment (as Co-writer) published in Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Technology p-ISSN: 2349-8404; e-ISSN: 2349-879X; Volume 5, Issue 7; July-September, 2018, pp. 468-473
- Presented a poster in Workshop on History and conservation: Voices from small and medium towns of India organized by Sushant School of Art & Architecture from 6th to 7th Dec 2017
- Urban Flood Disasters and Mitigation Practices – Case of Srinagar , Gurugram & Chennai titled research paper published in absentia International Conference on Emerging Trend of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, MVGR College of Engineering, Andhra Pradesh.
- Faith as a challenge in Urban Regeneration – A case of Kalighat Temple Precinct titled research paper published in absentia in State Conference of Urban Regeneration in M.V.P. College of Architecture & Centre of Design , Nashik.