This programme identifies the role of Interior architecture as a specialist discipline of its own with a clear body of knowledge. It is an architecturally oriented programme with emphasis on spatial design as well as embellishments. The programme aligns with the core values of SSAA with the focus on critical thinking, aesthetics, sustainability and heritage.
- Minimum of 50% aggregate marks in a Bachelors of Architecture degree programme. (Weightage 50%)
The application process additionally includes:
- Online application, Statement of Purpose (of not more than 1000 words) submitted at the admissions office.
- An interview session for the shortlisted applicants along with a portfolio of work. (Weightage 50%)
The M. Arch (IA) programme is a minimum duration of two academic years (4 semesters) approximately 16working weeks each. (Structure matrix attached below.)
Interior architects are spreading their expertise to public living spaces in the larger urban realm. They are trained to pay attention to transitional spaces between elements in a city, on non-built areas such as squares, streets, parks, roundabouts and other undefined urban voids, taking into consideration both the container (built form) and the content (temporary uses).
With this design approach, we can begin to further ask what form might the urban landscape take when shaped by the interior. And with an adoption of this approach, we might have more coherence between the inside and the outside, thus improving the urban conditions of our cities.
Mou Signed Between IIID And SSAA | Feb 2019
- Amit Gupta- Principal Architect – Akasa/Architecture
- Amrita Das Gupta- Principal Architect – Studio Code
- Ashish Agarwal- Principal & Owner – S G Kreative
- Ira Khulbe- Space Planner/Senior Designer – M/S Muralage India
- Isheeta Thakral- General Manager,Designer – Tishman Speyer
- Juhi Bhatt- Partner – Saakrit Consultants
- Madhu Pandit- Principal Partner – Neeraj Manchanda Architects
- Neha Kulkarni- Founding Partner – Aum Architects
- Nilanjan Bhowal- Principal & Owner – Design Consortium
- Ridhima Bajaj- Conservation Architect – Built Heritage Conservation Architects
- Sanjay Bhardwaj- Partner – Team 3
- Shalini Dasgupta- Proprietor – Heritage Conservation & Design Centre
- Shikha Doogar- Principal – R+D Studio
- Vimi Rath- Founder – Stonehenge Designs Pvt. Ltd